Sunday, May 27, 2012

Seed Tourney Report

I knew today i would lose to Andrew because of godly Hanzo Hieratic so i decided to take the chance to try to test out Inzektor Sword

Format: Swiss 5 rounds cut to Top 8.

Round 1: Vs Hew Kok Tong Machina Gadget

Game 1: He summon 1 gadget and set 4 backrow. I couldnt do anything with Damsel, Hornet, MST as he had all the answers

Game 2: He summon Gearframe and he went straight to attack then when he remembered effect, i shark him and he lost shortly after

Game 3: I control and win although he DD crow cos I had another Gruff in hand.

XOO

Round 2: Chin Ka Fui (Happy Chin) aka head judge Lightsworn Daedalus

Game 1: I killed him with beatdown

Game 2: He had many boss monsters like Daedalus and Judgement Dragon but i play around it while he DD Crow-ed my Hornet. We were in topdecking mode and he had Jain. i topdecked Gruff equipped Mantis and he Veiler. He summoned another LS and kill me later.

Game 3: Inzektor control and then with Zektkaliber swarm

OXO

Round 3: Andrew Ng Hieratic Hanzo

Game 1: We played around each others stuff as I did a timely Torrential when he activated Red Eyes effect. He had a dragon and after he PWWB my Centipede I chain Lance and search Damsel and he couldnt recover after that.

Game 2: He OTK me, nuff said.

Game 3: I had the otk hand with Inzektor Sword Zektkaliber :)

I admit I was really lucky this round because in game 1, I had the Lance to kill off PWWB.

OXO

Round 4: Parameswaran Inzektor

Game 1: I couldnt do anything as i got trash hand and he lived up to his name.

Game 2: It was my turn to get a good hand so I Night Shot and MST and played around his cards and won.

Game 3: I had Heavy Storm to wipe out Overworked + Disappearance and a Sword to seal the deal :) He told me that i was lucky to have Storm but I showed him my hand of Centipede and MST

XOO

Round 5: Izzat

We were both qualified to Top 8 so we decided to roll dice and I got higher number so my score became 2-1       O.O

OXO

So my Swiss record was 5-0

Top 8: Tan Wai Chee Inzektor

Game 1: I let him swarm until I had 700 lp left and we both had 5 cards but the difference was he had Inzektors commited to the field. I slowly played around until he had 2 cards left then he used Book of Moon on my Zenmaines and Dark Hole it. He had 0 card advantage and I had Solemn face down.

Game 2: An unpredicted DD Crow on my Hornet killed me.

Game 3: I saved up Inzektor Sword and Mind Control after he committed to field and won :)

OXO

Top 4: Andrew Ng Revenge Match

Game 1: I drew all spell and trap and died.

Game 2: I drew all monsters and I read one of his bluffs of setting Transformation. I could have OTK but then I didnt know that Gigamantis could only special summon once per turn and so I died to a restriction that I didnt know since I equipped mantis and bombed it. Sam who was next to us confirmed it too. Did Muzurythm, Leviair, and had Centipede but next turn ate his BLS and died.

XX

Things I learnt today:

1) There is a full win curse.

2) I believe in it

3) Inzektor Sword is good.

4) This year is year of the Dragon ! (Chinese Zodiac). Died to 2 Dragons back to back already

Decklist:

Same as last week.

Extra deck:
1 Zenmaines
2 Gaia
1 Volcasaurus
1 Exa Stag
1 Crimson Ninja
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Utopia Ray
1 Force Focus
1 Maelstroke
1 Muzurythm
1 Tiras
1 Revise Dragon
1 Leviair
1 Black Rose

Sideboard:

2 Snowman
1 Ryko
2 DD Crow
2 Scarecrow
1 Inzektor Sword Zektkaliber
2 Night Shot
2 Bottomless
1 Chain Disappearance
1 Transmigration Prophecy
1 PWWB

Why I am releasing my sideboard? Because it was a troll mock sideboard (different from last week's) and I'm doing some massive changes :)

Gratz to Zack (top 4), Izzat ( Top 2) and Andrew for winning the Top 32 seed


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decklist of Andrew (Hanzo Hieratic) please

Anonymous said...

Decklist of Andrew please, Hanzo Hieratic. Thank you.

mike9944 said...

Not for me to disclose as its not my deck :)