So, at this point of the format i will share my druler decklist and explain card choices and why some cards are there and why some aren't.
There should be no problem with this because drulers are an everchanging deck and there is no fixed list since they adapt as the format goes on.
3x maxx c
1x flamvel guard
1x swift scarecrow
2x debris dragon
3x sacred sword
2x card of consoncance
3x dragon ravine
1x dark hole
1x mirror force
1x return from different dimension
1x torrential tribute
1x sixth sense
1x angel of zera
1x scrap dragon
1x armory arm
1x star eater
1x crimson blader
2x colossal fighter
1x black rose dragon
2x ancient fairy dragon
1x stardust dragon
1x big eye
2x mpb dragosack
2x electric virus
2x xyz encore
2x trap stun
2x divine wrath
1x castle of dragon soul
so first of all the decklist:
1) Fog king- not very popular yet in TCG although the latest ycs winner mains 1. I tested it and loved it because it was:
a) tidal foolish burial food is very important t1.
b) debris food is strong follow up play
c) summoning him is equivalent to summoning a tuner and lets u make big eye and steal their stuff while you protect your cards with backrow
debris - fogking- summon dragon- make dragosack- make 2 token- sync ancient fairy dragon.
That alone is a very strong first turn play and if you have a maxx c backed up you are in a very strong position. Also can be used with sacred sword and stuff.
e) Fogking + electriv virus = bye ophion!
f) Fogking tribute 2 dragons clear opponents monster for game by avoiding scarecrow
2) dark hole- this card felt like reborn and hole last format. it may seem redundant sometimes if you;re in a commanding game state but it is too powerful not to run. Breaking up big fields in mirror is too strong as well as against random firefist anti meta decks or constellars. Nobody really makes stardust dragon in mirror so much and even taking out 2 tokens from sack can do alot.
3) 2x consonance / 1x terraforming ratio- i opted not to cut consonance because this card singlehandedly made dragons tier 1 again this format. When i was testing earlier in the format i would constantly beat dragon with mermails, however once they started running consonance and the deck sped up so fast and other decks just couldnt keep up. i feel 2 is the right number which is not too many and also lets u dig into your deck for your traps. terraformin at 1 because it is just right, if you run 2, you may experience dead draws or ravine hands with no real traps and no real protection.
4) pwwb over break- currently testing pwwb over break because pwwb is way more versatile. Aside from being a pseudo debunk (this comes up alot more than you think), it gets rid of big monsters and by not destroying them, your reducing your opponents fuel in the mirror. By pwwb-ing ophion, they cant make a kerykion play next turn. also testng pwwb after you started playing perfect circle era again just makes you feel why people would set stuff or play into situations where they get killed by wing blast. However my decision isnt fixed i could well go back to break if i dont like it vs rogue decks.
5) 6 sense. Obvious reasons but i cut book of moon for it. Book is a very good card but 6 sense is just much better. I had torrential and mirror in because those 2 are very strong blowout cards which nobody expects or sometimes they cant help but play into it. It is very hard to put pressure on your opponent if your constantly playing around mirror force, so people tend to disregard it even though they know its a real threat. Thus if you have force, you can cause a uphold swing of momentum. The reason why i run cards like force, tt, and break is because like rftdd and sixth sense, all 3 cards cause a swing in momentum which is important in the game. If people start playing around force too much i will cut it back for book.
6) no vanity emptiness- i have never mained emptiness or sided it at all this format because i never liked a card which can potentially neg you and is only good if your in a commanding position. Its not that important in the mirror cos most of the time opponent ditch out 1/2 monsrers and other traps do the same thing. it will be going into the side once stardust radiance becomes legal in australia.
1) Angel of zera- most people hate this card in america/australia but i agree with the europeans that zera is needed. zera can act as a big beatstick in the mirror which is alot more valuable than we think alot of times. People are forced to go into sack (which requires alot of resources), or scrap which are only 2 answers. The extra summon if banished is a plus if your playing against rogue deckss and can be very useful.
2) 2x colossal. just something im tryng out. 2nd colossal because colossal applies pressure in the mirror and being able to surprise opponents is good. 2nd colossal to revive blader is good too as you still have 1 more. colossal is usually the synchro i go into the most which fits my playstyle.
Apart from that the rest is really standard. Not maining gaios although i run fog king because i dont believe in commiting to an xyz which loses to raigeki break/wingblast. You could argue making any synchro is similar, but gaios has been underwhelming since most of the time with fog king theres a better play and it just doesnt seem necessary.
1) lack of vanity fiend- similar reason to gaius. There are people who still run breaks and fiend seems just too gimmicky.
2) fire fencing ferret- surprisingly good card to pressure with in spellbook matchup. In books you need to put as much pressure as possible and sometimes summoning this and a dragon is all you need. Kycoo is getting popular so ferret makes the matchup more favorable. Good vs constellar etc too since the deck is bound to see an increase in play. I have always thought constellars were the best deck to go against dragons (better than verz) because the extra tenki firefist plays help alot in the grindfest.
3) trap stun- good card. i chose to run this over decree so i could resolve my traps. This card is surprisingly good in the mirror too i side 1 in because it can kill so many things like return, vanity and chainable traps not to mention refpanel. Would not bring 2 in because it sucks to draw multiples.
4) castle of dragon souls- i was maining this but it came up too often where i would just draw it with a bad hand and wish it was another real trap. Ideally its only good in the mirror, and not very good against anything else, so i decided to bring it in for the mirror. This is only under trial, if a better card comes along i will cut it first.
5) no skill drain- dont believe in paying extra 1k. eg- summon kycoo + 1k = 2.8 k damage which is painful and if they follow up with mst or something you lose. May give it a shot again as the meta shapes. Drawing drain when you have no real plays is bad. That is the main reason why i dont run it. Imagine a hand of 2x tuner 1x dragon 1x drain 1x mst 1x trap. Drain doesnt do much in this situation so to minimize inconsistency i cut it.
6) no 2nd scarecrow- i dont like siding too many cards for the mirror. I usually side 1x virus, 1x mst, 1x stun, 2x debunk if i go first, and if i go 2nd, 1-2x virus, 1x mst, 2x debunk. Going over 6 is hard and i still havent found a perfect side for dragons that im very comfortable with.
Thats all for today that has been a long wall of text, if you have any questions or comments, just shoot.