Sunday, June 17, 2012

Nationals Report 2012

Round 1: Inzektors

Game 1: I open with a mediocre hand but managed to play out and bait out everything with MST and stuff. Then I resolved Gigamantis and won .

Game 2: I drew a pretty good hand and Mantis all the way to the win. 

OO

insert conspiracy here. 

Round 2: Alex Yeo machina gadget

I was notified by Paul that I was seeded into top 32 because 2 other seeds could not make it today. I decided to play it out. I made 3 crucial misplays in this game, 1 technical, 1 funny one, and 1 wrong read.

Game 1: He summon green gadget i went wtf because i was notified he was running inzektors and i was not worried bout the mirror. He double summon and made Giganto and plussed too much. I fake noob and try to let everything get killed to set up DAD and safe zone. He continued to plus until I dropped DAD and he dropped Fortress to suicide but I flipped safe zone. He told me it was damage step and I couldnt do it. This was my 1st misplay. I should have sharked him back and told him that he had not declared going into damage step yet and he just declared attack. But my mind was blank and he otk-ed. After the game he told me my hand was bad. I thought it was playable but below average.

Game 2: He had Macro. I Bottomless and cleared his 2 machina fortress. He duality into Thunder Break and set it. I had a face up Centipede and he had a Gadget. i summoned Hornet and equipped a Damsel to it. I proceeded to equip centipede with another Hornet. He misplayed as he should have thunder break but he got greedy and I made Bounzer and protected it with lance. When he discarded a gadget for his cost for Thunder Break he decided to discard Machina Cannon instead but I shark him and told him he couldnt replay.

Game 3: He opened with a gadget. I had Wing Blast, Tragoedia. He summoned another gadget and attacked me with both at the same time. This was my second misplay as I let him proceed because I was looking at the mural pictures on the wall so i forgot to drop Trago. My 3rd misplay was that I should have set wing blast to prevent Giganto cross from plussing. I dropped Trago and tried to protect it with Safe zone but he had Book of Moon.

XOX

At this point i was emo and everyone wanted me to kick him out and I misplayed due to God knows what. At the same time I did not have anything in my side vs machina besides 2 Bottomless. 

cut to top 32:

Top 32: Ivan (Chen Yau Sin) Six Samurai

Game 1: He swarmed me and aggro but I chained MST to his Dojo to prevent him from making Shien but I forgot how i won. 

Game 2: He opened broke with Shien and my hand was Night Beam, Dark Armed, Mantis, Lance and trash. 

Game 3: I sided in Tragoedia for fun. He tried to swarm and aggro, I had Tragoedia. I saw no other way to win besides Dark Arm in hand. After he drew 1 with United and he attacked with Grandmaster so i dropped Trago. He thought for a few minutes and I knew he had Chalice but he set it instead. I used Tragos effect to discard Gruff to take Kagemusha and suicided Kagemusha and then i slammed Trago into Grandmaster. My life was at 4300 while his was at 4000 due to Solemn. I pwwb his grandmaster but he summoned Kizan to whack. I summoned Dark Armed and he scooped.

Next to me, Mun Keat and another guy were making a big commotion. Mun Keat claimed the other guy had signaled end turn but the guy claimed he didnt. It turned out to be a heated argument for 15 minutes and eventually the judge ruled the game null and void and issued a replay. Sadly Mun Keat lost the round

OXO

Top 16: Low Weng Fong Inzektor

Game 1: He duality into veiler and he had Mantis. He tried to otk me with an empty field but he miscalculated and i had 100 left. I Heavy Storm and Damsel + Gruff. I bluff a set with Autonomous to encourage him to otk and true enough he heavy storm but I had Veiler. I did my stuff but could not kill. He had Damsel o.o I had a good hand but he had a God hand. 

Game 2: I drew 1 Mst, 1 heavy, 1 gruff, 1 Autonomous 1Chalice so i was quite confident. He had Centipede and did stuff and he summoned Damsel and I let him pass since i thought he couldnt resolve Hornet + Mantis. True enough he didnt but he had DAD and he destroyed his own Mantis to otk me. No chance to use anything. WTF

XX

At this point Andrew, Shamir , LGQ and i were all knocked out in the top 16. So , cameraman mode on !

So, at this point the top 8 deck breakdown were the following:

1 Windup Inzektor
2 Card D Inzektor
1 Trooper Inzektor
1 Standard Hieratic
1 Hanzo Hieratic
1 Machina Gadget
1 Chaos Dragons

Top 4 breakdown became:

1 Trooper Inzektor (weng fong)
1 Card D Inzektor (hon wai) 
1 Hanzo Hieratic (zack)
1 Chaos Dragons (sung lee)

Results: 

1st : Sung Lee 
2nd: Weng Fong
3rd: Zack
4th: Hon wai
The usual crowd at GA round 1.

Top 8 match of Sam smiling. He lost to Weng Fong in the same way i did. Mantis + god hand.
Ps: These were the wall murals i was staring at when I was distracted playing Alex

Alex VS Sung Lee. Sung Lee won. Kudos to him for taking revenge ! There was a big commotion about Pulsar + Exabeetle ruling. The judge ruled it in Sung Lee's favour because they couldnt find a OCG ruling clarification although it is valid in TCG

 Lau Piere VS Hon Wai



Teoh Zhen Pei (zack) VS choong
At this point all our hopes were placed on zack.
3rd place  Zack

 2nd place Weng Fong
1st place Tan Sung Lee

Yes Chaos Dragons won !!! Kudos to Sung Lee and Zack for topping ! Epic finals match where Sung lee took a ryko from Mind control flipped it, milled Wyvern, and a light and a dark and then dropped BLS wtf straight. It is Chaos Dragons anything can happen.

My decklist was:

3 hornet
3 damsel
3 centipede
2 gruff
1 mantis
1 sangan
1 DAD
2 veiler
3 card car D

1 autonomous
1 heavy storm
3 mst
3 duality
1 foolish
1 book of moon
1 allure
1 reborn
1 mind control
1 dark hole
1 night beam
1 forbidden lance

1 safe zone
1 pwwb
2 torrential
1 solemn warning
1 lair wire

Yes dont wtf me i took out Solemn Judgment.

1 Zenmaines
1 Revise
1 Leviair
1 Muzyrythm
1 Maelstroke
1 Volcasaurus
1 Machu Mach
1 Crimson Ninja
1 Tiras
1 Exastag
2 Gaia
1 Cameraman
1 Bounzer
1 Black Rose

2 Max C
1 Scarecrow
1 Tragoedia
2 Snowman
2 DD Crow
1 Wiseman Chalice
1 Really Eternal Rest
1 Transmigration Prophecy
2 Bottomless
2 Mask of Restrict

Changed build after i scrubbed to Jason during playtesting. Realized we need card car to balance out the fact that inzektors are basically playing with a 5card hand if they open with Gruff and Hornet which are minus 1s sort of. 

Machu mach is inside because i can target Red eys which has been special summoned by Atums and burn 2.8 k while adding 2.8 k to itself.

Why i took out Solemn Judgment? Call it 6th sense but i felt i would die to paying 4k life. It was a last minute thing.

Why am i not playing 3 veiler 1 Bls? Because i drew 3 veiler in ACQ

Safe Zone is good. I was contemplating playing a 2nd because it was very unexpected (in malaysia) since its versatile and has multi functions.

Got a pack of Yellow National Championship sleeves (only distributed to top16 and lucky draw winners) so may use it since i lazy to buy sleeves. At least it was a top 16 lol

Realized penang players are kryptonite. got knocked out 3/4 times by penang player in the last 4 official tourney i played (1 asia, 1 wcq, 2 seed qualifiers)

Time to play dino rabbit !

1st and 2nd place decklists will be uploaded soon and probably 2 deck profile videos which i didnt get the chance to do just now. I was not allowed to take videos of finals but i did take video of zacks 3rd 4th round playoff which i will upload soon.

Videos of the finals have been filmed by the shop and they want to maintain copyright for it, which will be linked onto Cookie's blog. Be sure to check it out when it's uploaded.

I'm still obtaining the Top 4 decklists, and maybe Alex's Machina Gadget list if you guys are interested

16 comments:

Putra said...

To kill a god you need a hand of god :P

Ventus said...

Unless you already noted the damage, I don't see how he said its already damage step ... You were in battle step sub 2 him saying we are already in damage step is a really dick move.

Anyway failing against GOD hands is always pretty meh. I hate it, I rather lose because of Misplays or whatever or wrong reads instead to God Hands where you werent able to do anything ...

mike9944 said...

@putra- my inZektor luck is very meh.

@ventus- nvm le. After the round we ended up chatting anyway so no hard feelings. In rather die to god hand then misplays o.o

avengingknight said...

good job for getting into top 16! chaos dragons are really good!

mike9944 said...

@putra- Sam got despo bro. The guy hand too strong. Kena 2-0

avengingknight said...

great job in getting into top 16! cant wait for SG qualifiers this sat!

mike9944 said...

thanks good luck to u too vishal!

GQ said...

A light and a Dark? Dude, Sung Lee milled Wyvern, DarkFlare and Pulsar!!

Ventus said...

Meh^^

But think about it, you feel a lot better losing because you misplayed and you always learn our of misplays. Of course your intention is to not misplay at all, but if I would have to chose I rather lose because of that, instead of a game where I get got-handed and couldnt do anything and won't learn anything at all , just hate them game xD

mike9944 said...

Meh not for me. I don't want it to be because of me, like after I lost to Alex I felt damn salty like how jonouchi lost to kaiba. But in top 16 even though I was lucked out I could convince myself it wasn't my fault so it wasn't that bad. Diff ppl diff perception I guess

The_Magus_Killer said...

What was the freebie stuff given to all duelists who attended the tournament? May I know? Was it a game mat or new card sleeves?

mike9944 said...

none. lol. top 32 get ugly kid file. top 16 get yellow sleeves

LFN said...

GJ mike

T16 not bad at all

scyu.lee said...

Btw, I would like to point out that the ruling of Lightpulsar VS Exa-Bettle is legal in OCG as well. Thus, cookies really did his good job n not much people realize of this ruling at all.

Anonymous said...

On the machina fortress attack, if you had flipped safezone on the attack the fortress would suicide and just destroy the safe zone instead and you would lose both. It was actually probably better u didnt flip it, not rly a misplay

mike9944 said...

@lfn- thanks bro
@anon- yeahh I realized that after the report. But I could have put dark arm in defense and put safe zone. Also game 3, forgetting to drop trag was dumb