Sunday, May 20, 2012

WCQ Top 32 seed tourney report

1st time i played for 7 and a half hours. People who say Yugioh is easy is damn wrong. Next time I will remember to pack alot of food. Pressure cos many big names were present.

Format: Swiss 5 Rounds to Top 8.

Round 1 : Andrew - inzektor

G1: I ended up drawing all trash spells and traps because table shuffling me when combo pieces in my my deck was evenly distributed stacked the spells and traps and monsters. My fault on the part. I Autonomous his Centipede and search Damsel, thinking i could turn the game around but he summoned Damsel and destroy my stuff then search Mantis and had enough to win.

G2: He MST all my face downs. He ended with a Zenmaines after Mind Controlling my monster. I had Mind Control but no targets. I made my own and attacked his and end phase we detached our stuff. Big misplay whereby i should have summoned it in defense. He killed me next turn

XX

At this point if i lost another round I would be automatically DQ-ed.

Round 2: Inzektor

G1: He summoned Centipede and tried to make me scared but he just attacked. I then played Dark Hole destroying his set monster and Centipede but he flipped Book of Moon on Centipede (?) I told him he couldn't take it back then killed from there next turn

G2: Transmigration Prophecy + Autonomous + DAD is too strong.

OO

Round 3: Choon Yu - inzektor

G1: He had Inzektor Sword Zektkaliber and he made a big otk using 2 Gigamantis.

G2: Forgot how i won

G3: This was a very close match and i had a Gruff with Mantis i think and then if he topdecked an Inzektor he would probably win but he didnt.

XOO

Round 4: Machina Geartown

G1: He flipped Skill Drain but my car D could still tribute as cost so i farmed for MST

G2: Forgot how i won

OO

Round 5: Atta - 6 Sam

G1: He couldnt make Shien and tried to put pressure on me and lowered me down to 500 but i made Volcasaurus and dropped Dark Arm to win.

G2: He made a big field with LSS Shien and Shogun Shien but he attacked into Morphing Jar 2. I got Morphing Jars effect wrong as i thought you revealed the number of cards from the deck equal to your monsters sent back but apparently it was you reveal until you have the same number of monsters sent back. Anyhow my hand had Damsel so it wouldnt have made much difference.

This makes Morphing jar 2 even better VS Hieratics because you can reveal a chunk of their deck and send it all to grave (assuming they only run 2 to 3 Drago and car D cant be special summoned)

OO

At this point i was hungry as hell. Bought takoyaki and gave me energy!

Top 8: Andrew - inzektor

G1: Had a good hand and controlled from there

G2: He took about 10 to 20 minutes to decide a move. At this point everyone else had finished and they were groaning. He eventually put a load of monsters and i couldnt come back, and the game dragged on to an hour.

G3: I farmed with car D, made Tyrus, he made Exa Stag and made Gaia. I had a hand of Mind Control, Reborn, Damsel, Gigamantis.

OXO

Semi Finals : Ivan Chen Yau Sin - inzektor

G1: I bait his stuff out then otk

G2: I attacked and he dropped Tragodia. He summon Centipede forcing me to Torrential but he chained Lance and I chain Solemn and he Solemn me. He made Zenmaines and I mind control and summoned Gruff to equip with Mantis thinking i could win but he flipped Lance and survived. He killed my gruff, I topdecked Car Car D but he Book of Moon. Next, I topdecked Duality into Centipede, equipped Hornet, attacked and won. He misplayed whereby he shouldnt have Book my Car D or else i would have died from Zenmaines twice.

OO

Finals : LGQ - Hieratics

G1: Ate OTK and Exa Beetle is strong. Someone pointed out to me that i should have stalled with Ninja but i knew LGQ would drop Exa Beetle so no difference.

G2: I OTK him instead after MST and Judgment his 2 Macros

G3: Close match with low life points on both side. He PWWB my face down to keep me 1 turn back, I Scarecrow him and Dark Hole him. He had nothing but i kept summoning small Inzektors to push for damage. He summoned Su and I Warning but he summoned Veiler to make Ancient Sacred Wyvern. I summoned Centipede, equip Hornet but he flipped Macro. I tried to suicide but he flipped Chalice. I feel PWWB was the key card to my loss.

XOX

Decklist:

3 hornet
3 damsel
3 centi
2 gruff
1 mantis
2 veiler
1 sangan
1 DAD
3 Car D

3 duality
3 mst
1 reborn
1 mind control
1 autonomous
1 heavy storm
1 forbidden lance
1 allure
1 book of moon
1 dark hole
1 foolish burial

2 warning
2 torrential
1 solemn judgment
2 raigeki break

I went with Car D build cos i felt it could farm for MST with Macro / Skill Drain present.


13 comments:

K'yde Ren said...

Inzektor Exa-Beetle bro. Not Exa-Stag.

mike9944 said...

Ya la vs Lgq he made beetle , vs Andrew he made stag

GQ said...

PWWB wasn't the key, Heavy Storm was, if I didn't top deck heavy and bait your Judgment, I've lost

Ventus said...

Nice work.

What was your side looking like?

Also could you tell me the pros and cons of the Cardcar and Trooper build?

When I play Cardcarzektors I usually side some Cars out when Im not starting do you do the same?

Also why only 2 Veiler?


Greetz

Ventus

Ventus said...

Congrats.

What was your side looking like?

I prefer the carzektor build but the trooper build seems to do well too. What are the differences or pros and cons of both versions?

Do you usually side out cars when youre not starting first?

Also why only 2 Veiler?

mike9944 said...

@lgq for me it was pwwb cos you returned thunder break and that move cost me 2 turns. Well that's my opinion

@ventus- card trooper is more aggro. Unlike car d it let's you see a total of 5cards (3 in grave), 1 from topper draw and 1 from your draw phase. But car d baits the veiler and fits my meta more. I run 2 veiler cos of bad experience drawing 3.

I prefer car d cos it' helps me get around skill drain and cosmos as stated. My side I won't reveal but you can see traces of it from my report.

Ventus said...

Ah sry for the double post.

Hmm I tried the trooper version and I really hate depending on probabillity. I went 2-3 at locals with it. Every fucking time I milled, I milled either only power spell and trap cards or never a useful Inzektor like Hornet or Ladybug. But I can see that it could work when it is at its best with the milling.

Rabbit is a huge threat because of TGU here. Thats why I main, at least 1 Tragoedia and Gorz around with Cardcar.
Here I think it is either going with TGUzektors or Cardcarzektors. Both use up your normal summon. Thats why you can't play both, since it would be too much. TGU is good if you need a Sangan search or a Leviair/Zenmaines but lately I don't summon them that much anyway, since I rather go for another rank xyz (no Acidgolem here etc ...).Therefore I like more to net myself a +1 from my deck and have the card advantage. Drawing into powercards is pretty boss.

What would you prefer?

mike9944 said...

it depends.. for me yugioh is about choosing what you are comfortable with (a very good player told me this) even if its not cookie cutter.

i've never played with TGU before but i dont think inzektor needs so many rank 3 so of course i would rather go with car D cos i like more options in my hand.

regarding your previous question of siding card car it depends which deck im up against. i usually try not to because it gives me an advantage in mirror and hiratics.

LFN said...

gooood job on 2nd place!

mike9944 said...

thanks ! it was so close.

Ventus said...

Yo Mike,

I'm having nationals this weekend and the meta call will be probs
a lot of Dino Rabbit, Chaos Dragons, Inzektor and probably Heroes.

What would you consider for your sidedeck/maindeck if you were me? - I'm playing Inzektors too, also with Cardcar, just to show the TCG world it isn't bad as people make it now to be and I really like the card.

My current build:

http://i.imgur.com/R8ijw.jpg

I considered maining 1 Tragoedia
because of Dino Rabbit and Chaos Dragons.

2 CED instead of 2 Warnings, because I actually don't like Warning this format. I can see its uses etc. But I really dislike topdecking it mid game etc. And the 2000 LP damage too. I also can use CED defensive getting back valueable veilered Inzektors if needed.

Safe Zone because its great against Rabbit and Chaos Dragons.

As for the side there are too many cards to choose from. What would you play in side? do you got any good techcards, that are worth it?

I really would appreciate if you could take some time and give me some info or help me on this. I already broke my head over this too much xD

mike9944 said...

Won't discuss on blog. If you really want my help, find me on Facebook.

Ventus said...

Added you if I found the right account o.O I'm Kay D